Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

It has an error ecm-4320 "leak diagnostic unit valve. signal

Customer Question

Hello it has an error ecm-4320 "leak diagnostic unit valve. signal too high" its a volvo s40I 2005, but I dont know where is located this unit valve in my car
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: the code reader gives ECM-4320 "leak diagnostic unit valve. signal too high"
JA: What year is your S40?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As far as I been told this is a unit valve that i have to replace it, what I want to do is locate it, remove it, buy it and replace it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: after this error the car turn off when is moving suddenly but not always just some times, the revolution goes so down in light reds
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You will need to take your vehicle to a repair facility ,the code indicates there is a problem with the fuel vapor recovery purge valve system, located under the vehicle near the fuel tank,This repair involves working around fuel vapors which is very dangerous to repair yourself, only a qualified Volvo Technician, familiar with safety protocols, needs to make this repair.Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.