Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My Volvo S80 t6 is having electrical problems ...the running…

Customer Question
My Volvo S80 t6 is...
My Volvo S80 t6 is having electrical problems ...the running lights and windshield wipers go off while the ignition is off. . The dash reads brake failure and power steering failure
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
8/10/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the ignition switch itself needing replaced or a short in the wiring from the switch itself.I have seen this fail or act up similar to this on models before and found issues like this here.I would have this tested and looked into to see if wiring repair needs done or if the switch or any other components are at fault needing repaired or replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Im sorry I should've also told you this, my cluster recently went bad, I sent it to a company and they fixed it. I just got it back last week..before I took the cluster out to send it in it did this same thing ...once I put the cluster back in after it was fixed the car ran fine for two days and had no problems, now its going off without the key even in, all the lights and wiper blades and fans will run until I place the key back in....It does this off and on all day
I don't know if this new information will change your answer or not and also I wanted to tell you my father has his own body shop so I have some means of checking the car by myself, is there any basic checks I could do myself to save me a little money, I'm tight on cash at the moment

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see if any codes are set?

Let me know,thanks Pete.