sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

It doesn't start, cranks over but doesn't start, Checked

Customer Question

It doesn't start, cranks over but doesn't start
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: Checked fuses and fuel pump. replaced fuel pump relay, still same condition. I need to check for spark
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2002 s80 t6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, its at the bottom of my driveway, looking on the net to see how to proceed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition. You could be missing fuel due to a loss of power or ground to the pump or a bad pump. It may be fuel contamination or an exhaust restriction, you may be missing spark due to a cam or crank sensor or wiring issue. Cam timing is also a possibility.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?