Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 1999 volvo s70 and had my abs unit change all

Customer Question

i have a 1999 volvo s70 and had my abs unit change all lights and speedometer is working fine and trans shifts good but still getting p0722 code and p1057 could it be one of the sensors if so the obd doesn't stay which one
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just engine light is on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i tried check the currents to see if the sensor were not working but it seemed to be fine also i cleaned them
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just that the abs unit is already changed also done by me can't get emissions done till i clear the code
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring running to the anti lock brake unit itself as well as the transmission to see if any issues are found.I have seen corroded and damaged wiring cause a fault like this here needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete