Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2006 Volvo C70. The convertible top pump makes a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo C70. The convertible top pump makes a very strange noise when I try to open and close the top and it moves the top very slowly. The noise is louder than the normal noise that the pump used to make when I would open/close the top. Several times in the past the top got stuck and I had to manually release the pressure with the release button and then restored the top to full function again. It has not gotten stuck for some time.
Is the noise and the fact that the top moves so slowly is indication that the hydraulic pump is failing? Or could it be low on hydraulic fluid? Or could one of the 4 valves inside the pump be defective?How do I check the hydraulic fluid level on the pump?Thank You.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, if the fluid is low, do I just fill it with normal hydraulic fluid that is used for brake systems?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

you use this Pentosin Convertible Top Hydraulic Pump Fluid(###) ###-####that is approved fluid but i see people use power steering fluid also with no problems. most time pump is going bad if you got no leaks and makes noise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for your reply.
I found that one of the hydraulic cylinders in the trunk was leaking from where the shaft goes in and out (Volvo part# *****). I have ordered a new one. Can you please give me instructions on how to detach and reattach the hydraulic hoses going to the cylinder? Will I need to bleed the system once I replace the cylinder?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

i dont have that info for here to share is very long to attach you can buy that dvd called vida just cd un locked on ebay it has all pictures steps etc for $15

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the VIDA for this car but I can't find anywhere where it shows how to detach and reattach the hydraulic hoses going to the cylinder?
Can you please give me some basic instructions on how to do that?Will I need to bleed the system once I replace the cylinder?