Technicaldan
Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

As far as I can tell, the battery is dead. Engine will not

Customer Question

As far as I can tell, the battery is dead. Engine will not turn over at all. I am reading the instruction manual on how to jump start the battery. I cannot figure out where the positive terminal is on the battery or where the ground point on the vehicle engine compartment. Hoping to find pictures or a video.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: I assume 2012, when I purchased the car brand new from the dealer. The message center shows four messages, one of which is low battery. Other messages are DSCT (or something like that), park assist, and power steering all disabled.
JA: What is the model of your '12 Volvo?
Customer: xc60
JA: Huh?
Customer: the model of my 2012 Volvo is a xc60.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am hoping to jump start the battery myself. I have read the instruction manual. I have the hood open and battery cover removed. I cannot figure out where the positive terminal is on the battery or where the ground point on my vehicle is located. Looking for pictures or video.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 1 year ago.

http://www.c-suvs.com/jump_starting-6126.html

Let me know if you need anything explaining.