Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

On my 2005 S60 T5, The climate control fan-blower, front…

Customer Question
On my 2005 S60...

On my 2005 S60 T5, The climate control fan-blower, front windows-mirrors and door locks, radio all stopping working at same time... The AC comperssor kicks on but no fan. I hear clicking when trying to raise or lower windows... Any ideas? Perhaps a relay? Ignition switch? The only thig that had changed was that prior to this issue I had taken out the ABS fuse to disable the ABS fluttering temporarily and then this issue occurred... have since replaced ABS fuse but no change...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?

Fuses all seem to be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Volvo?

S60 T5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have only checked fuses. Code reader shows no codes. online research suggests Ignition switch failure but sounds like a relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

Just that this multiple failure of blower, radio, windows and locks all occurred simultaneously

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 day by:
6/26/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

You checked all fuses in all three fuse boxes? Under hood, driver front door, and trunk? This sounds like a fuse blown, not a relay. Relays use low current circuits, to control high current circuits. You can use a test light to quickly check fuses without removing them. Check all fuses with a test light with the key on.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dan, I have removed each and checked all fuses in all three locations; all good. To be more specific: 2 issues exist and occured at same time- climate control fan And Wndows (all four) not working- they do not appear to be getting power to Motors. The LED's around the blower knob Do light up but no blower blowing... when switch is moved to On position(s), the AC compressor IS activating, just no blower. At the same time blower kicked OFF, the Windows & Power Seats stopped working- keep in mind that when I push the power seat switches I can hear solenoid(s) clicking within seats but no "motor" is activated... seems like no power to seat motors.. That is where I'm at. It seems as though a "shared" circuit? Fuse or Relay has failed that controls voltage to motors (blower and seats and windows). Thank you for your input.

Wiring diagrams for all 3 systems

Do you have a multimeter? If you checked all the fuses, especially the ones in the diagrams. Then you need to start troubleshooting they system.

Dan, ASE Master Technician