Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I have the same problem on Volvo C70 2008 premium sound One

Customer Question
Hello I have the same problem...
Hello
I have the same problem on Volvo C70 2008 premium sound
One day I turned on the car and radio, cd, aux, satellite was not working..... CD is not even loading cds ( nothing)
When you press the radio power button the picture of the C70 comes up but then nothing. If I press FM button nothing happens... IF I press the CD/Sirius/ aux buttons I can navigate to these menus but whatever I select, it does nothing....
In the car configuration , in the menu I used to have a equalizer menu but now this menu has disappear not showing anymore.
I bought on Ebay a new amplifier, the Info entertainment display and the CD player. I replaced all of them and nothing..... it does not work
Any help what else can I look at? I am desperate looking for more ideas on what to look at
I do not need to mention that I have checked fuses both inside the car and the engine compartment.
Many Many Thanks
Note: Sorry I am not sure if I posted the question in the right forum since this is for s40..... I apologize if this is the case. I am going to post in the right forum too. I apologize
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
6/22/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Derek Werner, Volvo Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Volvo Master Technician

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer!

What model year is your Volvo S40?

You will need to start with having the new parts you installed reprogrammed, any Volvo dealership can do this and some independent shops with the right equipment. The audio system needs to be setup with the correct software for your vehicles VIN before it would work. After reprogramming it should work normally, this needs to be done first before any other diagnostics.

From you description it is likely your radio has failed and you are on the right track.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for 5 star excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.

Derek W

Have i answered all of your questions? If not please let me know how i can help.

Thanks

Derek

Derek Werner
Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Volvo Master Technician