Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

How do I remove the ecu form a 1996 Volvo 960? How do I disconnect the engine control module connector?

Customer Question
how do I remove the...
how do I remove the ecu form a 1996 Volvo 960?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
6/8/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I have attached directions to replace the ECM, including how to remove the trim panels to access it

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I disconnect the engine control module connector?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got the module out of the bracket but how do I disconnect the control module connector? Do I move the metal arm? Is there a latch to disconnect it? Help

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager