Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Is there a recalibration/reset throttle body on a 2001 Volvo

Customer Question
Is there a recalibration/reset for...
Is there a recalibration/reset for a throttle body on a 2001 Volvo XC70 turbo. I recently cleaned & replaced one and cleaned the Pcv system with new oil tank and hoses And it's still won't run right. It did at first(. First 40 mi) but know it's acting up again. If there is then there may be a possibility that I did buy a bad used one.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
6/7/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great

Do you have a Check Engine Light On at this time ?

Have you Ran Diagnostic Test to retrieve Fault codes ?

yes it is possible you got a bad used one , at my shop we get bad ones every once in a while sure?

there is 6 TSB about the Throttle body

ON Volvo & Saab it is rare you get a good used THrotle body just most of them go bad and usualy will throw car in limp mode or high idle or stall.

2001 Volvo V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 58 B5244T3

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

NumberDate ▴Title

NHTSA06V44100011/14/2006Recall 06V441000: Software Upgrade for Limp Home Mode

TNN25-149F03/16/2006Engine Controls - ECM Software Upgrade for ETS

TNN25-149E03/03/2006Fuel System - ETM Replacement Procedure

TNN25-149D02/20/2006Fuel/Emissions - ETM/Crankcase Ventilation Sys. Cleaning

TNN25-149E12/06/2005Fuel System - Electronic Throttle Module Replacement

TNN25-1401/09/2003Engine - Inconsistent Idle With A/C ON

225002307/01/2001Electronic Throttle Module - Uneven Idle

Let me know

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No new codes, light didn't return even yet, probably logged 150 mi. It just sputters and lunges I've seem the tsb but it's way past the date I think it was 10 years/100,000 miles I'll look through what you sent me. I was hoping there was a reset or calibration so I didn't have to pull it off again. Although I'm getting pretty quick at it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All you link are to all data which I don't have a subscription for

IF i send you the link from my alldata it want let you open it , i tried it and other customers told me it want let them , I will try it again , you tell me if it works , I wish I can figure out a way to let people see the link be so much easier for me .

I guess the $250 a month a pay is not enough for them

but I can copy paste all you want , that will be no problem ,

was the Throttle was an issue before that is why you replace it .

http://repair.alldata.com/alldata/article/display.action?componentId=355&iTypeId=401&nonStandardId=4528258&vehicleId=35459

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea neither of them work again

you know you can send them out and have them rebuild , that is what i did for saab i had , i got t 70,000 miles on it still runs great that is before i kept trying used one , each few month one fail and you will spend more gas

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do but I'd still need to know if it would need to be sync to my car?

No there is no syncing , its plug and play component , at the dealer , after replacement , they will clear all modules and started the car , now after a 100 miles of driving the pcm will learn all the long fuel trims values for car to run at the best a/f ratio , but you can accomplish same thing but disconnecting battery for 10 minutes.

If you have scanner with live data you can pull up the throttle values and see the opening and closing of the throttle plate , by looking at the tps sensor and see if it is within the 0.2 to 4.8 v range that it needs to be . Sometimes when they are not bad enough the want throw a code .

'

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you know the range it should be with in.? That's what I need

at idle you should be at 0.2 to 0.5 v

at wide open throttle you should be at 4.6 to 4.9 V

that depends on the scanner you have , if it shows it in percentage or volts and also depends on how fast the refresh rate on the scanner , or you can use a voltmeter to test it ,it might be more accurate .

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else.

Positive Rating is much appreciated

This Post will stay Open For You To Come Back And Me Ask Any Follow up Question You May Have On This Issue .

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll give that a shot tomorrow

cool let me know , i will be online tomorrow.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat