Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo s60 awd: I have a 2005 awd s60, that started bucking

Customer Question

I have a 2005 awd s60, that started bucking and jerking while driving down the freeway. Statrted about a month ago and now does it all the time after about 10 minutes of driving it starts to buck and jerk then quit for a while it starts up again after stopping sometimes or going around a corner sometimes, seem so intermittent that just does it off and on all the time. Replaced MAF and no improvement.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. I would first check it for codes, and also check the CRANK sensor and fuel pressure.Thanks, Ron
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
CRANK SENSOR IS NOT THE PROBLEM I HAVE DISAGREE WITH OTHER EXPERT
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
YOU REPLACED THE MAF SENSOR WITH A VOLVO PART ? WHEN PROBLEM HAPPENS DO YOU SEE ANY DASH WARNINGS ?LIKE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON OFF COMING ? HOW MANY MILES ON CAR?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for this interruption. I know you had this problem BEFORE you put a new MAF on it, so that's not your problem. The CRANK sensor is a strong possibility as well as a fuel pressure issue. Please see attachment for misbehaving fuel pump and how a good CRANK sensor should look.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check enginge on all time, as well as engine system problem on the left side of steering wheel. Maf was from auto parts store. I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
135000 miles
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Okay, most parts stores will check codes for you for free, so please get the codes read and let me know what they are so we can go farther.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
YOU CAN PICK WHO YOU LIKE TO TALK OTHER EXPERT IS NOT VOLVO TECH YOU CAN SEE ON SCREEN WHAT HE SEND YOU IS ALL UNIVERSAL INFO HE SENT YOU FORD RANGER 4.0 LITER SCREEN THAT IS NOT GONE HELP YOU ALL YOU MUST PICK WHO YOU LIKE TO TALK IM VOLVO TECHCustomer
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
The pics I sent you do not matter what they are from. A scope pattern for a crank sensor or a fuel pump are the same for all cars. I do apologize for the way the other person has treated you, it's not our normal protocol.
Thanks
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
COSTUMER CAN PICK WHO HE LIKES WHAT EXPERT AND WE CAN MOVE ON