Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Need to replace heater blower motor, I have ac, single mount,

Customer Question
is the electrical connector the...
need to replace heater blower motor, I have ac, single mount, is the electrical connector the wire? Are there any diagrams?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have the glove box out, just need to know where the motor I am replacing is and is the electrical connector the wire? Just need a picture of where the motor is located.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replacement part, just need to know exactly where the motor is under the dash, right bottom, middle, etc. I have the glove box removed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
4/24/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you tell me the year,make and model as well as engine liter size and I will see what I can locate on this here and let you know. Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1990 740gl
There is a new and old version blower motor on this model here.Below are the instructions on replacing it. NOTE: ^ A new type of blower motor has been developed. For this reason the motor cover must be modified when replacing the motor.^ When installing a new blower motor on earlier cars with all climate units, the blower housing must be modified to enable the new blower motor to be used. Modification is required on cars with effect from the following model years and chassis numbers. For further details refer to Blower Housing, Modification for New spare Motor. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozo907e9bi7pbro/b-04-24.gif?dl=0 Blower Motor, Replacement - Previous Version: 1. Remove panel under glove box. 2. Remove blower motor mounting screws. 3. Lower motor and disconnect cooling air hose. 4. Disconnect motor leads and remove motor. 5. Clean all items and apply sealant. 6. Reconnect motor leads and install motor. 7. Reconnect cooling air hose. 8. Check operation. 9. Install panel under glove box. Blower Motor, Replacement - New Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqgr5tvy7qkcn40/bl-04-24.gif?dl=0 1. Remove panel under glove box. https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1tv16bv66u3ola/blo-04-24.gif?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg1x9qkqtxjy760/blow-04-24.gif?dl=0 2. Remove sill moulding. CAUTION: Take particular care to avoid damaging panel during removal. 3. Remove panel over control module. Panel mounting is shown in illustrations. https://www.dropbox.com/s/53iez1y9kpxbiog/blowe-04-24.gif?dl=0 4. Disconnect control module connector. 5. Remove control module screws. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tl9d1of7l5cb8o/blower-04-24.gif?dl=0 6. Remove control module. 7. Remove control module bracket. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b4acnmfdkaludb/blower1-04-24.gif?dl=0 8. Disconnect blower motor leads. 9. Disconnect cooling air hose. 10. Remove blower motor. 11. Clean all items and apply sealant. 12. Install blower motor. 13. Reconnect blower motor leads and cooling air hose. 14. Install panel under glove box. https://www.dropbox.com/s/09sk5l6dfmwdyvd/b1-04-24.gif?dl=0 15. Install control module bracket. 16. Install control module. 17. Reconnect connector. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvzmcmdf5fi3un7/b2-04-24.gif?dl=0 18. Install panel control module. 19. Install sill moulding. Here is the blower motor cover modification for the new type blower motor install. NOTE: - A new type of blower motor with built-in interference suppression has been produced. The new type replaces all previous blower motors on production models. The blower motor cover must be modified when replacing the motor on cars with all climate systems. The modification procedure is described below. - Blower motor kit, Part Number(###) ###-####6, supersede all previous blower motors and kits. The kit contain all of the items, including an adapter ring, seals, blower motor, screws etc., required to replace the existing motor with the new type. Modification Of Motor Cover: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkauzhie3drxs28/c-04-24.gif?dl=0 1. Cut out motor cover as illustrated to provide clearance between cover and connector. Illustration shows opening as seen form outside of cover. Cut-out faces away from motor cover center on all variants. 2. Cut-out should be approx. 5 mm deep and 18 mm wide. 3. Smooth edges and remove plastic dust etc. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6opmj9qa009b32g/co-04-24.gif?dl=0 4. Drill 5 mm hole in recess in center of cover. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vl4r53s25y083g/cov-04-24.gif?dl=0 5. Remove interference suppressor if fitted between wiring harness and motor. Scrap lead and suppressor removed. 6. Connect wiring harness directly to new blower motor. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Own replacement motor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Factory air by 4 seasons part #35318
What color wire or wires do you see in your vehicles harness?
Pete, Technician