Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo 850 Turbo: My Volvo 850 turbo 1994 wagon with Electronic

Customer Question
My Volvo 850 turbo 1994...
My Volvo 850 turbo 1994 wagon with Electronic Climate Control has heater fan and AC that is intermittent. Most times the fan will not work. When it works at lowest speed, then the AC works (compressor kicks in and cools). Occasionally without any intervention the fan kicks in at highest speed then shuts off. I have no control over the fan speed regardless of the fan, AC and AC recirculation switch settings but when the fan blows it is at the lowest speed.
Thanks in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 2 days by:
4/26/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having with the blower motor and Ac system can be caused by any of the following,Blower MotorBlower Power StageClimate Control Module (CCM)Electronic Climate Control (ECC) ModuleFanIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing while the problem is occurring. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Apr%2026.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the most probably cause without doing all this testing that I'm unable to do and comprehend. ACC and Fan Resistor?
As I stated, the fan motor works as it occassionally kicks on but on its own. Previously the fan was always on at the lowest speed and speed control was unresponsive.
It could be anything from a bad connection to worn brushes in the blower motor or even a failing climate control module. Unfortunately with proper testing all the above would be guessing at best.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician