Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

This is Bob I have a 2012 XC 60 with a yellow engine warning

Customer Question

This is Bob I have a 2012 XC 60 with a yellow engine warning light. Pulled the code and it said B1087. Having some trouble finding a good definition for that code.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, engine light intermittent, takes a while to come back on when reset. My wife drives the car and she also got a message on her information system about charging but she doesn't remember the exact message. I cannot recall that message.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
b1087 is not so to say real code you are using non volvo scanner it cant brake down that code to volvo but most the time all\ those b codes are for software upgrades and low voltage issues what is see every day on those car . if you can rate me positive and reply back to me here again follow up thank you