Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Volvo S40 T5: , I have a Volvo S40 2005 T5. It had an

Customer Question

I have a Volvo S40 2005 T5. It had an overheating and the engine pressure went down and valves bent. A machine shop rebuilt the head (valves/seats) and I changed pistons and rings for 1 & 2 and changed the rings for piston 3 and 4. Piston 5 looks right and left it alone because it had a pressure of 120.
Now, the car has the following pressure 90, 65, 65, 90 and 90. Also, the fuel is not going through the injectors but it goes through the manifold. The car does not start. what else could it be? what is the minimum pressure to start and why the injectors don't get gas fuel?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The injectors are not opening even though there's electricity (positive)
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. From what you describe it sounds like the timing is not correct. There is a a special tool needed to hold the camshafts in the right position when installing the belt on the engine. Also verify you have crank and cam sensor signal. The lower compression if the head is machined in specs indicates a timing issue.
Click on these linkshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emsa-w-n93s Timing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the tools. What compression should this car have if I have the timing right?
You should have around 156-186 on a turbocharged engine. So you either have the timing wrong or you have a head gasket or piston ring problems if you are that low.
Hi, Did you get this resolved?