Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo: I have a 1992 Volvo 240 4 cyl. I was driving down the

Customer Question
I have a 1992 Volvo...
I have a 1992 Volvo 240 4 cyl. I was driving down the road when my abs light came on and shortly after the SRS light came on, the radio went off also, the engine stopped when I started stopping. I just replaceed the alternator due front bearing noise. Battery is fairly new less than a year. Car would not start back battery seemed dead. Left the car over night jumped off and drove home everything OK until I was driving in drive way. Has the same symptoms as the day before.
Any ideas?
Gary
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
4/18/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Welcome, sorry for the wait.I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.Hi Gary, i know you replaced the alternator but it sure has all the symptoms of the alternator not charging.would you happen to have a hand held volt meter you can use to do a couple of easy tests with?
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician