Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo XC90 2.5T: I need help help with a parking brake problem

Customer Question
I need help help with...
I need help help with a parking brake problem on a 2003 xc90. It is not one I have worked on before, as it does not have an adjustment mechanism on the cable in the passenger footwell. It appears it is all done from the pedal. I have replaced handbrake shoes and 2 cables. The third cable to the pedal feels very smooth so didn't change that.
I have a very stiff pedal and struggle to get 4 to 5 clicks, but the car just rolls on, very little braking affect.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
4/7/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Andy, Volvo Expert Technician replied 1 year ago
Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. If there is no adjustment in the cable alongside the center console, this system is self adjusting at the pedal. If you'd like, I can upload the procedure for this.
Click here for the procedure for resetting the pedal. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please select a rating at the top of your screen for my service. Thank you!
Did you have any other questions?
Andy, Volvo Expert Technician