Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2004 Volvo V70R, I just replaced the cylinder head and I'm

Customer Question

2004 Volvo V70R, I just replaced the cylinder head and I'm setting up the VVT units in order to install the timing belt. I'm using All Data for instructions and trying to hard to understand? I'm finding it a little difficult? First of all I need to know which mark is the correct mark on the timing belt pulley attached to the VVT?Next, it says to install the VVT on the cam, tighten the center bolt slightly then rotate counter clockwise as far as it will go. My problem - it continues to turn counter clockwise and does not stop? What am I doing wrong? Do you have any better instructions or procedures you could give me?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enes, are you very knowledgeable with setting up the VVT's/Timing belt process and able to walk me through the entire Cam/Timing belt set up process?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I can tell you yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enes, I believe I've got it figured out, thanks.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
if you can just accept it will close question just rate neutral ok thank you so you don't get 100 email to tell you to come back thank again