Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo S70 GLT: I HAVE 99 S70 AND THE ALARM, CLOSED THE KEY

Customer Question

I HAVE 99 S70 AND THE ALARM, CLOSED THE KEY DONT GO MORE THEN FIRST STEP.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you are saying the alarm goes off right after you arm the vehicle this can be due to a faulty door switch itself sending an incorrect signal that the door is opened when it is locked.I have seen this occur before and the switch itself is usually built into the door latch.The most common side is the drivers door itself as it is the door that is used the most.I would have this tested/checked to be sure this is the cause here then replaced if found to be at fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete