Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Volvo Xc90 2016: The new2016 volvox 90 boast that it can lower

Customer Question

The new2016 volvox 90 boast that it can lower or rise several inches to permit easier entry / exit from the car. What is this system called ? Anything similar to the citroen ds19 ?
Exactly how many inches? How to procceed to accomplish this? I am 76 years old and suffer from Parkinson so this feature of the car is extremely inportant to me.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. That feature is only available on 2016 XC90's equipped with the pneumatic suspension system, also known as air suspension. The Easy Entry setting is activated in the center display. When the car is parked and the engine is turned off, the vehicle will lower itself. When you return to the vehicle, get in and start it, it will raise to the ride height specified by the selected drive mode. Volvo does not have a specific number of inches published for this feature. However, I have worked on and driven several new XC90's and changed the drive modes (which alters the ride height) and the lowest setting (in Dynamic mode) is quite a bit lower than Normal mode. I would estimate about 2.5 to 3 inches. The system may be capable of lowering further for entry. I understand the feature is important to you, and I would suggest testing it out at a local dealership to make sure it suits your needs. That would be the best way to tell. If this is not easy to do, I can take some measurements on one when I return to work on Tuesday and let you know. Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please select a rating at the top of your screen for my service so that I may be credited for helping. You can always follow up at any time, even after rating. Thank you!