Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I got message Anti-skid service required and anti- skid

Customer Question
I got message Anti-skid...

I got message Anti-skid service required and anti- skid temporary off

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Anti-skid service required and anti- skid temporary off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I will try

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?

2012 - XC 90

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
3/26/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases this can be due to an internal electrical fault with a failing wheel speed sensor.If you have a speed sensor sending an incorrect speed signal this message will occur.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.The scan tool used also has to be one that can communicate with all computers in your model here to read the wheel speed sensor signals to locate one sensor that is sending an incorrect not matching speed signal compared to the rest.

I have had to replace several of these sensors before for this type of fault here and suspect this is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

thanks, ***** ***** to consult a technician to get the code.as I understand about your fees, that when I got the trial and rate the service i have to pay the amount of 19 $, but you credited my card immediately after i paid 5 $, so, please return back the 19 $ to my card.I think the service i got not worth this amountThanks

It is difficult for me to pinpoint the exact wheel speed sensor as your model uses four of these.Until you can have the codes and data checked it is hard to say for sure which is at fault here.IN some cases a local parts store can read the codes at no charge to you depending on your location.If you can get this done and post back here this will help quite a bit for me to help you on this.

If you still want a refund let me know.

Thanks Pete

please I want a refund.
I paid to get something but I feel that I don't.Regards,
wael

I have sent this to customer service.

Thanks Pete