cloe0626
cloe0626, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  worked at a volvo dealer ship for two years
74954164

2008 Volvo S80 with 220,000 miles. Transmission works well

Customer Question

2008 Volvo S80 with 220,000 miles. Transmission works well for the first 20 minutes then starts to clunk when changing into third gear. I can drive in stop and go traffic for about 20 minutes until the Transmission Service Required message comes on. I really like the car, but not looking forward to having to replace the transmission.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to, but it is a sealed transmission and don't have the knowledge or tools to fix myself. willing to take it to a qualified Volvo Tech or the Dealer.
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: Original transmission fluid.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you had the computer scanned to see what code it is giving

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have not. Where can I get that done?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

any parts store can do it if you can get me the code it will be alot easier to narrow down your problem