Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2008 Volvo 2008 CX70 with 53,000 miles on it and…

Customer Question
I own a 2008...

I own a 2008 Volvo 2008 CX70 with 53,000 miles on it and always kept in a garage. It is driven gently and maintained well. At 40,000 miles I had to change the wiper chain on the car. I was Pis***. At 53,000 miles the front wipers just stopped working at all suddenly and have no movement as all. They have no resistance when moved or pushed at all. The service manager said he had never seen anything like it. He and his mechanic at the dealer want to take apart and find what is wrong. Again I am really mad. They have said it is everything from the electronics to something mysterious in the wiper motor. Whatever it is they are sure it will cost a fortune. An unhappy Volvo owner

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Volvo Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No, I will have a good mechanic fix it. The fuse is not a problem. and the rear wiper works

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Volvo Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?

How do I pay?

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have no resistance when moving the blades then the problem is most like some has come loose or broken on the wiper mechanism or the motor or the wiper motor has failed , the only way to know is going to be to go in and have a look. Its not likely an electronic control issue and my not be as expensive you think. I suspect they are going to find something that has come loose.