Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My 06 s60r is giving me a trouble code P0240 which I believe…

Customer Question
My 06 s60r is...

My 06 s60r is giving me a trouble code P0240 which I believe has to do with the boost sensor. right now the car only idles and dies when given gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car was driving fine and yesterday I changed the oil, air filter and spark plugs. the problem began right after i did that service

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
2/20/2016
Volvo Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to check the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, also check compression for possible timing issue.

Thanks, Ron