Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

The low beam will not activate when switch is turned on. The…

Customer Question
The low beam will not...
The low beam will not activate when switch is turned on. The high beam works fine, I have a 1991 Volvo 240 sedan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
2/17/2016
Volvo Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First, check all your fuses in case there is a separate one for low beams, then check the wiring powers and grounds, harness and pins.

Thanks, Ron