Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I own a 2008 Volvo S 60. The check airbag light went on and

Customer Question
they shut off the passenger...
I own a 2008 Volvo S 60. The check airbag light went on and they shut off the passenger side airbag automatically. I want to get this fixed, but I need to have an idea of what it's going to cost me. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
2/15/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Unless you have had it scanned for fault codes and can give me the fault code number, it is about impossible to give a price for repair. The airbag warning light can come on due to a faulty driver, passenger, side or seat airbag, faulty coil spring in the steering wheel, faulty control module, faulty seat belt pretensioner or tensioner, faulty passenger side seat occupancy sensor or short/open in the wiring circuit.

As you can see, there are a whole lot of causes and without knowing which, the best I can do is give you a wide range of repair cost - ranging from $200 for wiring issue up to $1500 for an airbag or control module - prices are for parts and labor

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager