Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Immobilizer failure/brake system failure---no crank 06s40

Customer Question
immobilizer failure/brake system failure---no crank...
immobilizer failure/brake system failure---no crank 06s40
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the connectors on cem were not loose
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i am a master saab mechanic, i owm a shop
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: clutch pedal was hard to push---i can get car to start by diconnecting battery and discharging capacitors----dont have codes with me right now---one code was no bus to brake ecu
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
2/13/2016
Volvo Mechanic: cloe0626, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, ASE Certified Technician

is there anyway you can get the codes that you are getting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not tonight
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
car starts most of the time---every couple weeks it wont crank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cant talk to brake ecu when car will not start

right are you sure its immobilizer problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its say immobilizer failure/brake system failure
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

What you saying sounds like bad cem module that will need to be replaced from what I see for similar complaints like yours

Please rate neutral or ok thank you

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician