Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Yesterday I was unable to get my key out of the ignition. I…

Customer Question
Yesterday I was unable to...
Yesterday I was unable to get my key out of the ignition. I left car running while at work and when I got home my dad was able to get key out with wd40. The only problem is the ignition is stuck to the II position where the battery is still running. How can I get my car to turn off and the ignition lock to go back to the off postion?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
2/3/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to try is to reset the system. To do this remove the negative battery cable for a few minutes and once you reconnect it then retry the key. If after doing so the in order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20ket%20Feb%203.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician