Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Poo14 code have replaced the sensor near timing belt on top…

Customer Question
Poo14 code have replaced...

Poo14 code have replaced the sensor near timing belt on top of engine i still have poor idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Starts fine runs fine idles lobbing lights get dim the briter

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
2/1/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring leading to the sensor and see if any wiring issues are found or connection issues to the sensor.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Checked the wires are good just to ensure I rewired again and still experiencing same problems.

Can you tell me the year and model of this vehicle as well as engine liter size?

99 volvo s80 t6
1999 volvo s80 t6

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately my info is not listing this particular code for this model here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Volvo Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** this code, it means the computer is not seeing the correct camshaft timing, have you had a timing belt put on this yet?

the belt was changed about 8 months ago

has this code been there ever since?

It was run bad before the timing belt change. It just was time for the change, miles on the car

ok, then with this code, it is usually a bad VVT solenoid, this is what controls the camshaft timing, and is a very common failure, how many miles do yuu have on this?

If the vvt is the solenoid located on top of the engine by the timing belt we have replaced with new from volvo. The miles are about 170000

if the solenoid is new, and the timing belt is aligned correctly, the only thing left is the CVT gear on the camshaft itself, the solenoid control oil flowing through it, to operate the CVT gear hub, so if the solenoid is good, and timing b elt is installed correctly, it can only be the CVT gear hub that is bad, have you had it on a scanner and seen if the camshaft PID is between -7 and + 7 when idling?

No havent had that done i will get it checked

this most likey going to be the camshaft cvt gear,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me so i can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH