Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 volvo c70,how can I test the cam sensor

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
1/25/2016
Volvo Mechanic: SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

First what problem are you experiencing?

Is your check engine light on? what codes are you getting?

please give me any information on recent repairs, things you've done to try and fix the issue etc,

I am not standing in front of your vehicle. My educated guess can only be any good if I have all the information you can provide for me.

Thanks

I just put a motor in car cranked rite up but engine light is on code is ecm 3000 says intake cam sensor I have checked no 12 volts to sensor and no ground

so I am sure I am looking at the right wiring diagram, can you please give me the color of the wires at the camshaft sensor?

You will need power and ground to make the sensor work, if you have none of these you need to back track the wires back to the pcm and see where the fault my lie.

Red blue,brown for about one foot then a connector then changes to a blue and yellow,a red and yellow, and a brown that goes on to ecm

the one that I am looking at only has three wires: blue/yellow. brown/gray and yellow/red

is that the correct one?

that's it

ok hold on let me look at the schematic

at the pcm check the signals coming out of the pcm.

blue/yellow position A65

Brown/gray position A47

yellow/red position A29

let me know what you are getting there

Ok how do I find a list of positions

I can't seem to locate a picture of the pin out locations, but if you go to the pcm and look at the connector and cout positions you should be able to find the color wires there

Ok thanks

yes just let me know what you find

Ok I am getting ground and the other to shows 5 volts checked wires all the way they are good so installed a 2nd ecm still gives same voltage and shows code the car runs good but real hard to start if it would just start good I could live with