Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Daughter locked electronic key in trunk of 2010 S80 and only…

Customer Question
Daughter locked electronic key...

Daughter locked electronic key in trunk of 2010 S80 and only has spare (not electronic). Trunk release in front seat doesn't work. Can trunk be accessed through back seat? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Trunk release in car broke years ago and we didn't spend $800 to fix. Need electronic key to open remotely, but that is locked in the trunk. Can trunk be accessed through back seat? thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
1/25/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

You must remove the side pad front the trunk to allow removal of the seat back to get into the trunk. See if you can access the bolt on the seat back side without removing this pad. See the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/sidepad.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/backrest.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician