Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo c70 ignition key will not turn everytime.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
1/23/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

The 2 main causes are either worn key or worn tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder. If this happens with both keys, then it is the tumblers, if only the main key, then replace the key.

If the tumblers, you can try spraying some graphite into the ignition cylinder and working key back and forth. This will usually resolve the issue.

If not, then replace the ignition lock cylinder.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks