Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My sunroof (Volvo 850 1996) is stuck open. The motor works

Customer Question
My sunroof (Volvo(###) ###-#### *****...
My sunroof (Volvo(###) ###-#### ***** ***** open. The motor works fine. It just hits a spot (about 20% closed) and reverses to open position.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
1/17/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any debris in the roof track as well as broken roof track components as this will cause this fault here.If there is any debris in the track the debris will need removed and the track cleaned to correct this.If there is a broken component the track in most cases will need replaced completely unless the broken/damaged component can be replaced or repaired separately.These will cause this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see no visible damage to the track, but most of the track is not visible. I have sprayed lubricant back into the track, but this hasn't helped.

O.k.,if you see no visible debris the track may be damaged at the rear above the head liner or debris build up in the rear above the head liner.I have seen both occur before.The head liner will most likely need removed and the track removed and inspected for any issues and then repaired from there.In some cases the entire track will need replaced.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician