Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2016 Volvo premier t60. Can I drive the car without

Customer Question

2016 Volvo premier t60. Can I drive the car without ac.charged.I am waiting on new 0 rings?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

hi,

There is a pressure switch that is supposed to deactivate power to the compressor when it registers either too little or too much refrigerant, so it should not activate. The defrost selection does activate the compressor if you use it, so you can NOT select the defrost mode until you get the compressor up and going otherwise you can damage the compressor by selecting the defrost or ac mode. Other than that, it is driveable without issues

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?