Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2011 volvo xc60 t6. i'm getting a misfire code 6. i

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2011 volvo xc60 t6 . i'm getting a misfire code for cylinder 6. i bought a new coil due to testing the coil and it being slightly different reading than the others. That didnt fix the problem so i did a compression test and results show low on cylinder 6. i looked at all the plugs and only #6 was discolored . do you have any advice?The vehicle has 78K ***** ***** and the dealers we called say it's not covered
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: did you get my first post
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, this could be a burnt valve, sticking piston ring or failed valve seal and guide. I need to know what the compression reading was and if you did a wet compression test and what that reading was

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a dry test with a reading of 55 cylinder 5 was at 90
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil and retake the compression. If it comes up to the others, it is either sticking piston compression ring or broken one. If it stays low, then it is either a burnt valve or worn out valve seal or guide(usually a burnt valve).

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?