Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2004 Volvo S80 2.9. how to replace the power

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2004 Volvo S80 2.9 . how to replace the power steering cooler coil.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was driving the other day and noticed that the steering was getting hard to make turns.When I pulled over i noticed the cooling coil had unhooked and was dragging on the road leaking all the steering fluid.I ended removing it and was wondering where it is located and replaced.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

The power steering oil cooler is mounted behind the front bumper cover so you will need to remove it in order to reattach yours if still serviceable or install a new one(directions are attached)

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?