Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I just had a head gasket done on my 1993 volvo 240 dl. the

Customer Question
I just had a head...
I just had a head gasket done on my 1993 volvo 240 dl. the car runs fine now, but the fuel and temperature gauges are not working. They were working great prior to the head gasket job.
Any ideas on whats wrong now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
1/7/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would go back first and check to make sure you did not leave any wiring loose when you removed the head and if none are found the the next steps would be to do some testing on the circuits for the two gauges. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20gauge%20Jan%207.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Temp%20gauge%20Jn%207.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician