Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My windscreen wipers will only stop if I turn on the engine.

Customer Question
Customer: My windscreen wipers will...
Customer: My windscreen wipers will only stop if I turn on the engine. They are at a set speed and come on again immediately when I re start the engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have got a warning up on the dash re requirement of a service for skids. Probably unrelated
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
1/3/2016
Volvo Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, this sounds like a defective wiper switch, but it can be ordered on by the computer too. The best way to isolate this is with a scan tool to check for codes and do some bi-directional testing.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor