Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2005 Volvo S40, auto transmission, 5 cyl 2.4L, When making a

Customer Question

2005 Volvo S40, auto transmission, 5 cyl 2.4L,
When making a right turn a loud growl / shudder noise coming from Right Front tire area. When sitting still, placing car in drive, while holding the brake down, and turning right (putting under engine load) you can recreate the sound and it is very loud. Sound is only present when turning the steering wheel to the right. It is not the CV joint and there is no visible damage to any of the suspension parts. What do you think is causing this sound.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. Does the noise occur with the car in park?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, that's strange. Any chance you could record a video and capture the sound? I know it can be tough.