Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

My name is and i working on a 2000 volvo s80 with 2.9. I

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** i working on a 2000 volvo s80 with 2.9 . I keep getting code for o2 sensor bank 1 upper or right . i changed the sonsor with a new one (bosch) still getting the code. i put my scanner to it, these are the readings. 02 sensor bank
1 upper v 268 02 sensor bank 1 lower v .50 02 sensor bank 2 upper v 1.00 02 sensor bank 2 lower v .60 i checked all the 6 wires going from the plug to the computer to make sure there are no cuts in the wires, didnt find anything, please help on what it can
be, thank.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

George, can you give me the actual fault code and or codes you are getting and post back with them and I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron , i didnt make a note of the code, i cleared the code, the code was for o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1.as i said the reading with my scanner that bank reads 260 v.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible you can scan it again and get me the actual code? Having it will make this much easier to provide an accurate response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Ron , i have been driving the car there are no codes for now, but the reading is way too high on that bank, i guess i have to keep driving the car.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay post back if the light come back on with the fault code and we can work from there. If there is still a problem the light and the code should return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey ron, on the volvo the light came on today, i checked it with my scanner , the code was 280a =p1132 and it stands for front heated o2 sensor bank 1, if the voltage reading on that bank is 260v , could it be that one of the wires is grounded somewhere ?
please let me know. thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

This code can be set due to any of the following,

• Leaking Exhaust System
  • Front Oxygen Sensor
  • Rear Oxygen (O2) Sensor
  • Leaking Vacuum — Intake/vacuum leaks.

To check it, run the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/HO2S%20Dec%2010.pdf