Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1987 volvo 740gle. I replaced the battery in it and

Customer Question

I have a 1987 volvo 740gle. I replaced the battery in it and afterwards when I tried to start the car the alarm starting going off and now i can't get the alarm to stop. Also the car will not start.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have a 1987 volvo 740gle. I replaced the battery in it and afterwards when I tried to start the car the alarm starting going off and now i can't get the alarm to stop. Also the car will not start. It is now 4:50PM ADD: I have loose wire in the driver's side window control box. I have tried to "insert key in driver's side lock and turning both ways. I have waved the "Black plastic hand box (all it has in it are magnets" over the fixed plastic box ( that also has a hand printed on it) in all possible variations. I have disconnected and connected the battery many times in and effort to allow the car to start and to shut off the alsrm.. Is there a sensor in the door or someplace under the hood that I can disconnect the alarm? I have talked with several locksmiths about this.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Open driver door and leave open. Pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 60 seconds, insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the on position. Now, reconnect the negative cable. The alarm should sound for 60 seconds and go off. Once it does, cycle key to off and then crank it