Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 the blower fans keeps going off and on,

Customer Question
and sometimes when using remote...
2000 Volvo S80 2.9 the blower fans keeps going off and on, and sometimes when using remote power locks the passenger side door keeps locking and unlocking continually. Also, I just replaced the voltage regulator on the blower?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
12/1/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The issue with the passenger side door lock is usually the lock/actuator itself.I have seen these fail before causing the locks to jump up and down like this here with it needing replaced.This will need to be tested further to be sure this is the cause and then from there replaced.

As for the blower issue here inspect for any shorted wiring leading from the blower to the regulator and if found to be o.k. there is a good chance the blower is shorted or drawing to many amps causing the regulator to fail and both the regulator and blower may need replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician