Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Are replacement of engine mounts 2 times in a 2004 volvo s60

Customer Question

Are replacement of engine mounts 2 times in a 2004 volvo s60 a red flag or is that
considered normal? The first was at 46,ooo and the second at 66,ooo miles. We are
suppossed to buy this volvo it has 130k . How long do you think before its shot?
Is an 04 Audi A4 a better bet? If theres no way you can possibly know that it's ok.
Thank You and have a great day:)
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** should not have to be replaced every 20k miles so it does sound like there was some type of issue there which may have just been a bad mount out of box. If it has went another 60k without needing mounts replaced then I wouldn't worry about it being some type of underlying problem. I do personally think the Audi A4 is a better vehicle as it seems like Volvo has more electrical problems which always require dealership. Either vehicle should easily make it to 200k with proper maintenance but the Volvo will most likely cost more to take care of. I'd try to make sure timing belt has been recently replaced on either vehicle you buy so you are not stuck with the $800+ repair. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.