Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I checked the Volvo2001 XCv70 and found ECM-261A TERM FUEL

Customer Question

Hi I checked the Volvo2001 XCv70 and found ECM-261A LONG TERM FUEL TRIM BANK 1 UPPER LIMIT and ECM-91A7 THROTLE POSITION FAULTY CONTROL codes. Trying to get an idea what they are and how much it may cost to get rif og them.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealer technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. ECM-261A can be caused by a vacuum leak in the intake or exhaust system, low fuel pressure or a bad oxygen sensor. ECM-91A7 can be caused by corrosion in the throttle body connector, low battery voltage or a bad or dirty throttle body.

I would start by having the throttle body checked and cleaned if needed. It is pretty common for them to become dirty over time. Also make sure the battery is fully charged. A lot of parts stores will check this for free. Once the throttle is clean and the battery is fully charged, clear the codes and drive the car to see if either comes back. If ECM-261A comes back, the fuel pressure would need to be checked and the intake and exhaust system checked for leaks using an emissions smoke tester.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I see you have viewed the information but have not provided a rating for my service. Please provide a rating at the top right of your screen. If you have any other questions about this, you can follow up at any time. Thank you.