Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I need step by step instuctions on how to replace the heater

Customer Question
I need step by step...
I need step by step instuctions on how to replace the heater coreon my 2000 c70 volvo 2.4 turbo
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2015
Volvo Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam and ill help you out!

there are a couple of attachments i will do them in order.

give me a few mins, and ill provide you with the information thats available

there will be more than one post. i will let you know when complete

cam

3.Remove left and right-hand side carpet mountings

4.Remove the RTI or amplifier bracket if applicable

5.Remove the knee bolster if applicable

6.Detach the drain hose and push it to one side

7.Remove the screws on left and right-hand sides of the cover for the heat exchanger

8.Remove the screw for the pipe flange for the heat exchanger.

9.Remove the heat exchanger and its cover

see volvoheat4

10. replace the core

11. install in reverse order

• Install the heat exchanger in the cover.

Note!Check the seal when installing.

• Install the heat exchanger and the cover. Align the pipes in the flange

• Install the screw in the pipe flange on the heat exchanger

• Install the drain hose.

Work in the engine compartment

• Remove the lock grip pliers 115 8957from the hoses

• Top up the coolant and run vehicle to bleed air out.

• Test for leaks.

this is a 3 hour rated job, so it should be pretty easy!

thanks for letting me assist you!

i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic