Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Mechanic says 2000 Volvo S70 torque converter is not

Customer Question

mechanic says 2000 Volvo S70 torque converter is not working....when I come to a stop acceleration is labored and slow off the line
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It does sound like the torque converter is locked up fully or partially engaged causing the laboring issue here or slow acceleration.This puts strain on the transmission and engine when it is engaged like this when it shouldn't be and causes this fault here.I have had to replace the torque converter in the past before for this issue here and in some cases the control solenoid for it.Unfortunately this is what sounds like is occuring here and if diagnosed as a faulty torque converter it will need replaced.

I would have the transmission checked over as well when this is done to make sure no other components are at fault needing replaced to correct this or any other future issues that may occur.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete