sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My roof is stuck will not go up or down It tried holding the

Customer Question

My roof is stuck will not go up or down
It tried holding the button but did not work
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you got a message that said service was required then the module that controls the top has seen an issue that will prevent proper operation, has set a fault code and is suspending operation. The problem could be the module itself, a mechanical issue, the pump motor, wiring, or it may be a microswitch issue. The module watches switches to know the state of all components during operation and if it doesn't see the switch circuits in the correct state then it will prevent operation.

The first step in diagnosing the problem if no visible problems can be seen will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting, and then electrical testing will most likely need to be done from there.