Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

When I push the breaks and come to a stop or in parking mode

Customer Question
my 2004 Volvo XC90 makes...
When I push the breaks and come to a stop or in parking mode my 2004 Volvo XC90 makes a humming noise like like it sounds when the windshield wipers are dispensing fluid.
What can that be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
11/13/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin it sounds as though the abs is cutting in .this is normally caused by one of the wheels giving an incorrect speed causing the car to think its locked up this is normally caused by either a broken abs reluctor ring or wheel speed sensor.plugging car in with diagnostic equiptment will confirm this

Please let me know if you need anything else and please rate my service

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician