Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2005 Volvo is experiencing electrical problems. After

Customer Question

My 2005 Volvo is experiencing electrical problems. After stopping the key will it come out and it will not restart. The doors will stay unlocked and wil,l not lock or unlock. It's like all electrical stops working. After playing at,kind with it everything works again. This has happened three times now in the last week.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

If possible, I need to get the VIN number to check for any related service bulletins as well as the schematics, but just based upon the symptoms, I suspect that the ignition switch is faulty and will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I needed the response faster than what you were able to get back to me. I am in Minnesota from Arizona on a family emergency and have brought it to a repair shop as I can not have this problem when driving my 97 year old mother. Thank you for your time. Shirley Schaar
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

ok