Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

Can the 1999 S80 2.9 alarm be permanently disabled?

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately no, the alarm system on your 1999 S80 can not be disabled. Can you scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting and I will try and help you determine why its seems to be failing if it is the alarm causing the no start..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time but unfortunately your answer is not helpful . It doesn't explain why it can't be disabled. Trust me, I have spent close to 5k with 4 different certified master Volvo mechanics and 3 months in and out of shops. The challenge is there are no codes or error messages. It has been hooked up to everything including the dealer. Everyone agrees they have no clue but it may be the alarm system is malfunctioning.All of them say it is not an option to disable the alarm but no one says why.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I can not tell you what is not available. They are correct, the system can not be disabled and or by passed just as your dealer has stated. Sorry I could not be more useful.